Friday, July 18, 2014

Pretty Serious: Undercover Mermaid & Crystal Coat

TGIF, ladies!

Today I have a very special post to start off the weekend right, two polishes from the ever so amazing Pretty Serious! I think it's so awesome that Kaz and Ben are giving bloggers a chance to pour their love for polish and creative juices into their own little piece of polish makin' history! Stop! Collaborate And Listen is a STUNNING trio of polishes, and I thought I'd start off by reviewing the creation from the lovely Lab Muffin

Now I make it no secret that I fall head over heels for neutral shades sometimes as much as I do for every funky, crazy, glitter shade out there as well. The moment I unboxed this one, I knew it had to get on my nails right away. Undercover Mermaid is a dusty lavender/grey jelly with subtle iridescent flakes swimming within. I LOVE the idea that she had when creating this polish to make a work friendly color. And she NAILED IT. I adore jelly polishes, I love how squishy they look. :) The formula on this was perfect and applied like buttah. This is thre coats, and I used flash to show off the lavender unertones and those pretty flakes! 






I've been dying to try out new top coats lately (Seche Vite has been my go-to for years, but I swear as time goes by those bottles get thicker faster and faster. Pain in the butt. Just sayin'.) so of course I jumped at the chance to check out their Crystal Coat polish! I love that it adds this wet look and feel to the polish, almost like a gel manicure! Dry time was a really nice as well, not lightening speed, but up there for sure! I'll be able to comment a bit more once I see how it wears with time. First impression though? Impressed. FO SHO.



I hope you all have an amazing weekend, and I'll see you soon to review the other two polishes from the Stop! Collaborate And Listen collection! 
<3 Dana

**Products sent for my honest review**


2 comments: