Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Oh, the love of SSN dupes - Nail Gear Scandal!

Good evening! Or morning, depending on where you are!

My awesome pal Kaz just posted an AMAZING CdN Dior dupe on her blog HERE, and in honor of this amazing polish AND the fact that I was able to snag a bottle, I thought I'd post some swatches I had on my computer of a SSN/CdN dupe as well, Nail Gear's Sandal!

I have to admit, I'm a little bummed out on how my swatches turned out. Even though the base for this is way brighter than most SSN-esque polishes out there, it's a more vibrant blue, I really wish I would have done one more coat. Doesn't it always seem to come down to that ONE MORE COAT?! DANG IT. Anyway, let's just talk about how amazing it is anyway! 

I love Nail Gear polishes. They're everywhere on eBay right now, and I have some really amazing ones in my stash. I got this one a few months back, and of course I was so excited to break this bad boy out! Formula on this wasn't too bad, but the brush was a tad wonky and gave me some serious issues. That's a chance we all take when it comes to vintage bottles of polish! This is two coats. So pretty. Kaz is right, one can never have too many of these starry night polishes. Ah, the life of a polish collector. 







I hope you enjoyed!
<3 Dana


5 comments:

  1. Eeee! I got this as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a backup of this and my brush is wonky, too:( Must be the batch that ebayer has? My original bottle is fine (well, a little thick, lol!) I love this polish more than SSN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm interesting! Must be a wonky batch for sure!

      Delete