Sunday, April 8, 2012

Retro Sunday Squared with Scholarly Nail - StreetWear polishes

HAPPY EASTER! Time for another installment of Retro Sunday Squared with Scholarly Nail


Today I don't have any pastel Easter polishes to share, instead Jacqui and I have decided to share with you polish from each of our StreetWear collections! For the two I chose today, I wanted to do some fun layering. I've been recently getting my hands on more StreetWears on eBay, getting lucky! First up I have Midnight. Midnight was actually one of the first StreetWears I bought to start my collection, I believe I got it from a blog sale. Never even swatched it on one nail yet until now... and I don't know why. I'm in LOVE! I now you hear people describing polishes as glowing from within, but this really does just that! Midnight is a fantastic medium blue polish with matching blue shimmer. Formula was actually really great - two coats.





Next up I have Groovy! Groovy is a clear-based polish with silver micro glitter and holo BAR GLITTER! OH YEA! I won a bidding war on eBay for this funky beast. One more I could knock off my massive StreetWear wishlist! :D Groovy opens the door to many layering possibilities! This is one coat over Midnight. That's right- only one coat needed. LOVE!




Close-up! :D
Have a wonderful Easter, everyone! Make sure to pop over to Jacqui's blog to see what amazing swatches she has to share today! 




6 comments:

  1. That blue is amazing!
    Happy Easter to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I fall head-over-heals for these kind of blues!!!

      Delete
  2. Omg I think we posted at the exact same time today! lol!!!! These are fantastic! Midnight is such an amazing, glowy blue and is definitely one of my absolute faves in my SW collection. I bet it matches your e-ring really well too! I know how you love deep, glowy blues. And Groovy is so much fun!!! Revlon did such amazing bar glitters, why oh why did they have to discontinue this line?! Hope you guys have a nice relaxing Easter <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you know me & my blues that match
      my engagement ring all too well lol!!! Groovy is great for layering! Bring back all the Streetwears, Revlon!

      Delete
  3. That blue is stunning! I wish there were more polishes like this today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I couldn't agree more! They need to re-release all Streetwears!

      Delete